Welcome to the Northeast Assisted Fertility Group's surrogacy program!
Surrogates (gestational carriers) give the priceless gift of life to hopeful parents unable to have children on their own. These special women are the heart and soul of NAFG, and they receive support from us every step of the way.
The choice to become a carrier requires a serious commitment of time, energy, and emotion, and the experience is often tremendously rewarding. Being a carrier involves initial screenings and interviews, physical and psychological tests, fertility treatments, then pregnancy (including regular doctor appointments) and delivery. Throughout, NAFG counselors check in frequently with carriers. Travel may be required as well.
NAFG manages gestational surrogacies, which result in the carrier having an embryo or embryos transferred to her uterus. These embryos are created from sperm and eggs furnished by either the intended parent(s) and/or donor(s). The baby, therefore, has no genetic relationship to the gestational carrier. Please see the How Surrogacy Works page for more details about the medical procedures.
NAFG gestational carriers are compensated with a base fee of $45,000 to $50,000 for their time and effort.
An NAFG gestational carrier should:
- be between 23 and 38 years of age
- have at least one child of her own, who she is raising in her own home
- not plan to have any additional children of her own
- be married or in a long-standing committed relationship
- be financially stable
- have the support from her family and others close to her for her decision to be a carrier
- enjoy being pregnant
- have a sincere desire to help create for others the kind of loving home she has herself
If you have any questions about becoming an NAFG gestational carrier, please phone us at 1-800-710-1677 or e-mail us at [email protected]. We look forward to discussing the surrogacy process with you. If you would like to apply, click here for NAFG's Surrogacy Application.